What physically protects your most valuable asset, which is typically your home? Think about it— your roof. You can end up with all kinds of expensive issues that result from a leaky roof. The sad news is that if you have an older home with a roof more than 15 years old, or if you have a home that is in an area having been affected by either a hail or wind storm, you may have damages accumulating you don’t even see yet.
Even hail damage is not always apparent to the untrained eye and may not create a leak for months. Why? When hail hits your shingles it may knock some of the stone granules off. This can expose the asphalt layer of the shingle. However, the real stress is on the underside of the shingle. After the heat and the UV rays weaken the asphalt layers, the tear becomes an available source for water to leak through.
Risks of Your Roof Not Properly Protecting Your Home
What can be happening if your roof is not properly protecting your home, even possibly without your knowledge? Here are several significant items:
- Typically leaks will affect your attic and items you may store in the attic. Unless you frequently go into your attic, these could become significantly worse over time.
- If the leak is allowed to continue for a significant period, the water will eventually affect your ceiling or walls. Discoloration on your ceiling or walls would be a significant indicator of water damage or you might notice a bulging of a wall, especially in areas with curved surfaces (winding staircases, e.g.)
- The light fixtures hanging from your ceiling might also show the effects of water leaking into your home.
- Naturally, water can cause significant damage to the structural aspects of your home. From damage to the wood components, your electrical systems, to your foundation, allowing water to continue to pass through a leaking roof can end up with costly repairs.
- Now, let’s talk about your even more valuable asset— your family’s health. As water accumulates in your home, mold, and mildew can not just get into the walls but also your HVAC system. Not only is it unhealthy but can also be very costly to get rid of.
- The leakage into your home could also affect your insulation, reducing its effectiveness to the point of causing higher utility bills.
Let SPRINGTREE RESTORATION provide a FREE Health Check-Up for your roof!
So, as you can see, having a leaking roof, whether from age-related issues or storm damages, is a serious detriment to you and your family. If your roof is older or has been in a storm area, even though you might not see any apparent damage, let the experts at SPRINGTREE RESTORATION provide a FREE, thorough inspection of your roof, exterior personal property, and home. Our team is trained not to just inspect your roof for damage but to do a walk-around of your property and perform a full inspection of:
- All sides of your home, looking for any damage caused by either a storm or water leakage to:
- Your fascia and soffits
- Gutters and siding
- Any stained or painted surfaces
- Personal property & special areas of attention
Our Restoration Consultants take multiple photographs and measurements to create a full, 3-page report on all of the above. This is a very valuable service for you at absolutely no cost, other than we hope that by showing you our thoroughness, professionalism, and consultative type of approach that we would appreciate your business if indeed your home requires repair.
SPRINGTREE RESTORATION Also Offers a Financing Solution!
Whether you need work due to an old roof, a roof that is found to be installed out of code, or simply has a deductible through your insurance that you are afraid might be hard to handle in these tough financial times, SPRINGTREE RESTORATION has partnered with Hearth, which is a company that works through 11 different finance companies to assure that you get the choice of one that works best for you, the customer.
So, do not allow a leaking roof to damage your home and cause not only the potential for costly repairs but possible health issues for you and your family.
Professional and Licensed Roofers!
Please also remember, Texas has passed a bill that makes it illegal for a contractor and homeowner to enter into an agreement that eliminates the need for the customer to pay their deductible! The old adage of “you get what you pay for” is especially true in the roofing industry and possibly even more important than most times since you are protecting your most valuable asset with the roof you place on it.
When you do decide to have your home repaired, please remember there are significant differences in the many companies that call themselves “roofers”. Beware of any company that is not licensed by the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas (RCAT) that is not also insured. Know that there are significant differences in the quality of products used by different roofers and that the warranties provided by roofers are not always the same. Companies such as SPRINGTREE RESTORATION have proven themselves to the top suppliers, such as GAF and CertainTeed, and provide not only excellent products but also extended warranties that are not available typically to the average roofer.
SPRINGTREE RESTORATION will work with you to assure you not only get the best roof to protect your home but with just the cost of your deductible and/or through our partnership with Hearth.
Contact Springtree Restoration today
So, don’t just be safe during this difficult time, make sure that your roof is keeping your home safe! SPRINGTREE RESTORATION offers free inspections for both residential and commercial renovations and storm damage restoration. Give us a call at (972) 934-4461 or visit our website to learn more about our products and services. We keep North Texas homes safe and ready for all types of weather, all year long.